Monday, March 14, 2005

Gods of Shot and Friends of the Family...

I fell into being a photographer when an oblivious managing editor gave me a camera and a paycheck to shoot live stock auctions and Interstate bloodbaths in 2001. After covering 911 from the Sears' electronics department and dating a gorgeous graphic artist with no personality, I was fired. After writing professionally, I was given a camera from a pair of (in)famous cousins and sneaking it into shows to suppliment my writing. Andrew Kendall is the best music photographer in business today, and his shots in NME are the only thing that keeps me buying the rag every week. Here's two reasons why Andrew is God to music photographers......

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Check out Andrew's body of work and bask in awe to the returning majesty of British rock by The Ordinary Boys, The Libertines, babyshambles, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers and more. It is safe to say that once Andrew Kendall has taken your picture, you're somebody.
Support local artists:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Battersea - Baltimore's moody atmosphericisists with a little baby fat to work off in their second year as a band. Brilliant group despite their age, they have limitless potential.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Forever Valentines: Cover playing side project from country loving anglophiles. Quiet and unassuming, their taste knows no bounds.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Rob, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on course online photography I somehow ended up on your page. As your Gods of Shot and Friends of the Family... is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about course online photography, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Rob, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on horse photography, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about horse photography.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Rob, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on architectural photography, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about architectural photography.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Rob...Wow! While I was searching for info on horse photography I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for horse photography. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about horse photography.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Rob, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on horse photography when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for horse photography. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about horse photography at the site above.

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home